Fall firmly planted

garden.boys

All they really want is something to do. That is really it. It is so simple, if I can just remind myself of that every now and then. Something, anything. The real trick seems to be that it be something with me. Or with dad. They don't come right out and ask for it these days, but thats what they want. Us. Hmmm. How long do you think that will last?

firmly.planted

If there is one time saving life-improver I've learned, it's share the homeload with the kids. Whether its sorting socks or digging holes, if I can combine quality time with my kids and quality time with my home then we are all better for it. We both learn so much, and things get taken care of in the process. I get a lot of emails asking how I do it all....as if I do. I don't. Trust me. You saw the laundry (or half of it as my husband was clear to point out in the comments). I think what I do is respond to high-priority needs and combine them if I can. Laundry-clearly not a high priority here. Clean is enough. Folded and put away? Not generally.

mums.the.word

Anyway the simple answers don't work everyday. We lost only a few blossoms fighting over who's turn it was to separate the pansy six-packs. Then I said "GUYS, you're fighting over pansies....." (Pause. Slow forming grins.) We all had a good laugh.

nicolas.view

Nicolas took this picture by himself and we talked about how many different shades of pink and purple there were between the spent blossoms and the ones still hanging on until the first frost. He wants my camera. We've settled on privileges with the camera. He's been bugging me because I have a special delivery coming tomorrow. Can't wait to play. I'll share a weekend's worth of figuring that thing out with you next week. All that information is stored somewhere in the back of my brain from college photo classes. Just need to find the key to that brain door. xoAM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)