Showers and flowers

baby.buggy.invite

These are the invites I made for my friend Julie's baby shower that I hosted here on Saturday. I printed the card stock first then cut little fabric ovals, cut about a 1/4 of them out for the buggy shape and stitched them down to the card. Then I glued the buttons on for wheels.

baby.shower.invites

I received lots of rsvps that were accompanied by squeals over the invites, so I highly recommend the process should you find yourself hosting a baby shower...or an announcement would be charming too. Weird. I never managed to do anything at all clever when having babies, just long afterwards now for other people. I know lots of moms who both have the baby and correspond in ridiculously adorable ways regarding the baby. I never managed a knack for both at the same time. I have however given birth faster than I glued on all those buttons. That's a knack, I suppose.

belly.blossoms

I sprinkled the house and patio with these "belly blossoms" before the guests arrived. I thought they evoked a sweet little in-womb view.

pink.pom.pom

The day also proved to be a perfect excuse to buy this gorgeous girl-pink hydrangea when I was at Whole Foods picking up dinner Friday night. Not that I need an excuse, but I'm just sayin' - there was a real reason to buy it. Which always feels good.

Okay kids, back to work, more soon!

xoxox, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)