This would be the perfect time to blog if I could narrow down the subject matter

pearls

But mostly I can't stop thinking about pearl cotton and how I'd like to sit in a corner in a quiet room and teach myself to be the best hand-quilter ever. I've recently filled an entire bowl full with these little jewels, and my head with dreams of perfect little bright stitches outlining this or that. And how that monotony would be so soothing and perfect. But love is patient, so we wait, the cotton and I. It sits there. I do anything but.

I'm feeling compelled to offer a bullet list here of what's been jiggin, but I shall resist. I do want to say a giant banner-sized (waving back and forth vigorously!) THANK YOU for all the love and sweetness and nice words in regards to my Quilt Market booth and the visits I had there. I am just humbled by the little niceties floating around in blogland about my new fabrics, book cover, etc. With every passing day over the last week, I was continually confronted with more mentions of the experience from so many great perspectives of everyone in attendance that I could barely add to it and do any real service. I will say that overall I had more fun in a booth than just walking. I felt at home. I also realized that all the hard work, frustrations, long hours, postponed outings are the price you pay for inspiration. Or maybe the price you pay for pushing a little inspiration all the way to its lavish resting spot at the end of a long path. And now. Sitting there. I feel inspired again. And here I go. Already working on things that I won't get to sit in the midst of for at least another 9 months to a year. But I'm a girl. I can handle cycles.

Ahhh. There. That feels better, I wrote something.

I warned you with that title, so no whining about the incoherence of this post, people.

Okay, more to share and say about some things I'm working on for YOU! But in the meantime, if you care to immerse yourself even deeper into the abyss known as Anna spilling her creative guts about fabric (which truly knows no end) go and visit the Boutique Cafe (such sweet girls!) link over there in the sidebar under More of Me (oh my goodness and they have their own song too!!). I had the pleasure of taping a handful of interviews from other folks too so, if you can stand it, I'll continue to direct you to them as they pop up. In fact I'll do it whether you can stand it or not.

okay. I'm hungry. I miss you guys. I can feel a regular pace coming on I think, so lets be friends again. xoxo, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)