Growing, growing, but not gone

garden.craft

A few days ago I left the household to Juliana's charge so I could run some errands. Upon my return, as usual in the midst of studio work, I headed straight back to the studio with only a hello to any child who was in my path. A bit later I was looking for Juliana to ask her something. Shout. No answer. Shout again louder. Still no answer.

crowning.glory

I went to her room at the other end of the house, only to find it empty. Perplexed, I dialed her cell phone which is never farther than one layer of denim from her. No answer. Weird! She wouldn't have left the house when babysitting certainly...maybe heard me come in then ran to the neighbors' without asking....not unheard of, but unusual. I used my cell phone to call the cordless house phone, thinking it must be near her. Then I noticed her laptop was still in her room. So she wasn't off downloading some music or watching runway reviews.

princess.2

Once I had no help from the rest of the clan in finding her, I actually started to worry. Where on earth would she be if not reached by some means of texting, dialing, emailing or indoor shouting?

blind.beauty

I decided to walk over next door to see if they'd seen her. I gave a faint shout outside as I went knowing full well the chances of her frolicking around outside were slim to none. But then I heard "over here!" way in the back of the property. I can't remember the last time I reached Juliana the 16-year-old 28-year-old by hollering her name in the yard. Wow. It was a relief on so many levels. I found her making a wreath from wild and garden flowers. Just because.

oh.how.they.grow

Naturally once I decided the occasion was more than photo-worthy, the little two found us. And the three shared crowning rituals. We played right through the radiant afternoon becoming a glowing evening and I have a vault of pictures I'll cherish forever. I was thankful. Oh how they grow.

Wishing you endless summer days of hollering your children home.
xo, AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)