TrashTalk

1960s.trash.can

We thought it was the fourth weekend, which is flea market weekend, only to find a gated up fairgrounds then check our cell phone calenders and finally noticed it was only the third weekend of the month. So we settled on the Tennessee Antiques Mall. You know that I have a weakness for folky-ish-things. How adorable is this little trash can? It's older than me. (I would go on to say how that's really old, but ya know, no that old.) Anyway, we have what you could call a waste management situation in this house. All the little bubs love to draw. And also to change their minds about what they should draw, just a few strokes in. I could wallpaper the Louvre in their indecision. This causes said waste management situation. I have worked on the theory with them, that no drawing is ever beyond saving, and that lots of erased lines are cool and provide "texture". Which probably explains the recent giant pile of erase-y pebbles I cleaned off the kitchen counter. Can I win? I can't win.

pretty.on.the.inside

Back to the prettiness of this little trashcan. Ack! On the inside too! I'm pretty sure the metal is screen printed, but looks almost watercolor-ish when investigated up close. Did anyone have one like this, say, 40 years ago? And if so, did you feel like leaving it empty too? I bet a set of crayolas that it'll stay mostly empty but will be kept company by several half drawn ducks, over-erased horses, and some half graphite/half markered Jedis on the floor nearby.

Yes, I did just blog a trash can.

And look at you, you read it. Awe, I love you. xoAnna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)