Saturday Wash

saturday wash

We have risen from trash talk to laundry. It's a small yet meaningful move, and I promise there's a point to it this time.

Summer has if nothing else, so far, been a refresher course on the mere maintaining of life. Lots and lots of lives. Little dripping wet from the pool, hungry, loud, fighting, bored, rambunctious lives. Did I say lots of them? The lack of a rigid school-schedule+homework does leave the days slightly more relaxed, but my brain is more crowded as I try to keep up with studio work and the rhythmic chaos of it all. I find myself daydreaming of doing nothing but taking care of the garden, and doing wash by hand, and sewing clothes for all, and home making bread and other things that feel all but impossible currently.

So while on the hunt for something entirely different that I never found at the flea market this morning , I instead came across a way to make one little daydream come true. Lovely vintage embroidered pillowcases which will become beach dresses for the little two. (We leave next week!) I was digging to find pairs for their beds, but all the single cases were my favorite. And way cheaper. Just 1 or 2$ for most of them. The cotton is sooooo soft, and slightly sheer with wear, hence the beach dress variety plans and not the Sunday-go-to-meeting variety. Though you could line them I suppose, but perhaps then they wouldn't be cool enough for the heat.

I take so much pleasure in making something from nearly nothing and also have a bit gratitude for whoever spent the time on these handmade lovelies, years ago. Thank you, whoever you are!

I'll get them done, and share the steps with you. Hope you're enjoying the weekend! xo,AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)