At the Grocery (or New Levels of Boredom in Blog Reading)

mr.pushy.pants.

If I were a checkout clerk at a grocery store, I would be the annoying kind that strikes up a conversation about the combinations of things that people are buying. I know I would. I would try not too, of course, but clerk-me would not be able to resist. Because of this, I often wonder what our clerks and baggers think of some of our purchase lists.

household.herding

Very often any amount of weirdness in our choices is buried in a pile of keeping this family eating, and also very often buried in a pile of tag-along helpers when we do our shopping. We might be one of the only families of 8 that chooses to shop in large herds. The local Publix is just a hop, skip and a horse away from us, and right next to some of the kids favorite food, so we are often all here. Mostly split up all over the store, one in the bathroom, Jeff or I fetching a few from the cookie counter, there is always someone using the blood pressure machine at the pharmacy without permission and typically Roman likes to push the cart.

But when we spare ourselves that mess, I'll rattle off a coupla things and send Jeff out later at night. One recent favorite small list combo went like this: Melatonin, Benadryl, Beer, Ben & Jerry's. We are very proud of that one. If I were the clerk I would guess that we were trying to get a baby elephant to go to sleep. Nope, no elephant. Just us. Last night's mini list was comprised of: Diapers, Small Whole Pumpkin, Peanut Butter, Beer. While I am not sure what clerk-me would infer from that, I might start to notice the common denominator.

I am sorry about this post. Please do something more important and worth your time now.

Oh, but my recent favorite impulse-buy/plea from Isabela while we were being checked out was "Mom can we please buy Bridesmaids, it looks so funny !?"
(!!!!!)
"Absolutley not Bela, that is not appropriate for you.... or me."
(Which I know for sure now that I've seen it. Twice.)
"No mama, this one says 'Unrated', so its fine."

Ahhh, shopping. xoAnna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)