A day of details

creative.edge

We tore the attic studio (upstairs, white room, what do I call it again?) apart this morning to set up a bed for a photo shoot. I just finished sewing a new flannel quilt, which I'll share next week to introduce the LouLou Flannels. The process of propping called for making some new pillow cases as well. I've been wanting to make some new pillow cases anyway just to play around with the borders in the Crossing Paths prints..... so fun. And layer on top of that detail the very enjoyable detail of already-made bias binding! Yes, you heard me, its finally here! When you consider the embarrassing amount of money I would be willing to spend to not make my own, I think these rolls come in quite reasonably. You don't even have to tip me.

bias.binding

Anyway, the shoot went really well, and fussing with the details to get everything just so from each angle, really takes a very, very long time, and still you could always tweak more...you know, just enough crumbles in the quilts to look comfortable, but just enough neatness to translate the quilt pattern....its all very finicky. Four hours of setting it all up and shooting. But highly pleasing for someone like me ... who's OCD tendencies and the desire to be in a good mood are at constant odds with one another. What was talking about? Details. We layered up two different quilts with the pillows for the photo shoot, and I really, really did not quite know or plan to have all the pieces bound with the exact same bias binding, its just happened that way. But I love how it looks.

And more details. My man left town today and is running a 50k tomorrow. I did not just accidentally type a zero behind that five. 5 0 k i l o m e t e r s. That's bout 30 miles. I am eating pretzels and hummus right , which I imagine is very different from running 30 miles. We are different like that. I run. But like 3 miles. And do you know what I love so very much about my running man? He is so genuinely proud of me and encouraging when I do little things like run 3 ten-minute miles. High five-ing me and everything. He is amazing. As much as we all like to tease him about his passion for running, we all are in awe of what he is able to do. Even if we discuss his glycogen levels more than I thought any two people could.

When I started this post, I didn't know what pillow cases and running 30 miles had to do with one another.... but I think Mr. 50k will make that clear to me sometime after the race tomorrow.

Run. Jeff. Run. I'll be preparing the finish line with lots of love.
xoxo, Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)