Puppy love




There was lots of puppy love for Bela's birthday. After about 30 minutes of passionate deliberation, Juliana and I came up with a great plan for the cake. We used to 2 standard size sheet cakes and only frosted the bottom one. Juliana was the smarty who decided the top yellow cake shouldn't be frosted so it would look like a furry yellow lab. Bela's favorite. I cut the cake using the same design I used for Bela's new tote bag. Juliana did the yellow polka dots and the "bela" frosting. Eleni licked the frosting. Very helpful.



The big kindergarten girl chose her own selection of fabrics for her new tote. The applique was very easy because there was no turning involved, I just left the edges raw for a furry little puppy.



I even made this little Puppy Love silhouette and simple instructions for any of you dog lovers who might like to try it. Just click on that link to download the 11x8.5 jpeg to your desktop then print it out (the link is also over in the sidebar now under "printable playthings"). You can enlarge or shrink the silhouette for a cake or a coin purse.

Isabela runs here little fingers over the 'fur' when she holds her bag, like she's taking Leo with her to school. School must be seeping into her dreams at night. When I woke her up this morning she said "oh I was having such a good dream but then it turned around and brought me back home like the schoolbus".

I love childspeak.

xo,AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)