Scrappity-doo-dah



So maybe your scrap piles are overflowing like mine. I have been sewing up a storm this summer, and all on stuff I can't share yet. I did however lessen the load in my scrap boxes recently by stripping some fun pillows for the patio. I encourage you to organize your scraps by warm colors and cool colors. It might be the control freak designer in me but, I am just about 100% positive this trick alone will make you a happy person. It made me happy to randomly grab scraps from each box when stitching up these little doo-dahs.



I perched them on the wicker sofa in a cozy corner of the patio for now. Right on cue the little two also noticed I had moved some of their books out there. Do you ever move some kid books just to see if they'll follow them? It works. I think they stop seeing them if they're in the same place all the time. Plop a stack somewhere else in your house and see what happens. I am telling you its like birdfeed.



Eleni said she had to sit next to that one declaring "it has the same like me" pointing to the red and yellow embroidered flowers on her Mexican frock. Yes, of course, I thought. Isabela, ever the agreeable one, settled for the being next to the blue and green one.



Only a few more days of this duo and then Isabela heads to Kindergarten. Anything me and my scraps can do to make these fleeting moments more memorable is a worthwhile endeavor.

xo,AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)