Wipe your feet and have a seat, pretty please



I love little purchases that make my day cheerier. Go have a look, several of these are half priced while they last. Our house is rather bricky and traditional from the outside so this is like a fair warning on the front doorstep for what to expect inside. And out of all the online sale shopping lately, its only appropriate that this got here first. Now all those other boxes have a pretty resting spot. I know my UPS man must be so thrilled.



9 days till school starts back for 4 out of 5 kids here. Our public schools have gone to standard attire this year, which entails lots of black, white, khaki and navy. Juliana stop reading here. I am so glad we have uniforms. It will make life a little easier no doubt for a lot of people...and teachers. Juliana resume reading here. My genius daughter was quick to realize that no restrictions have been put on shoes, tights, knee-socks, earrings and hair color. More on that later. We bought 7 new pairs to share and some were only $1.99!! What a thrill, I tell ya.



In other hues, a recent visit to Jeff's Grandma landed this afghan in my living room. It was the first one she made. Jeff stop reading here. The living room is at the beginning stages of some furniture transitioning. I've had a lot of the same furniture for several years and have slipcovered most of it more than once. I just pitched a rug yesterday, finally deciding I'd prefer looking at a bare floor than a tattered Storehouse rug from 9 years ago. I have the replacement in mind. And if I'm keeping that couch it'll be slipcovered again, most likely with washable, bleach-able white and a new single seat cushion and single back cushion. Jeff resume reading here. I have no desire to blow big bucks on the living room currently so I'm feeling creative.



I've also been wanting to recover that ottoman. After observing the afghan in its new habitat, I was toying with the idea of cutting it into a cover for the ottoman as doodled out in the sketch above. Can't decide. We have sooooo many afghans. I don't think Grandma would mind a bit. I think it would be pretty cool, actually. Feel free to cast a vote. I am feeling undecided which happens about once every 8 years.

So thats some of this and some of that but all of what felt somewhat related enough to throw together and share. Thanks for all your birthday wishes on Tuesday, wowwee zowees you know how to make an old girl feel good. Back atchya. xoxo,AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)