Break break


So I'm taking just a small step away from my blog/spring break to wish my beautiful sister Eleni a Happy Birthday!
Her birthday, most appropriately, is on the first day of Spring. Eleni is about nothing if she is not about delicate and beautiful new beginnings. She is a tender and warm soul. You can see that here in the painting I made of her with my Juliana about 5 years ago.When I made the painting I thought of the cushion she has always been for me, whether I was being brave or stupid. Like her red lap that supports the entire composition of the painting. Content to let me be the center of

attention, since she knew I needed it.
I thought of our inter-tangling pattern of having the same parents, the same makeup. How we are sort of a repeat of each other but individual like the the bend of the arms in each of the figures in the painting. I know just how Juliana must have felt relaxing in her sweet care and having her hair braided. It's the same sisterly embrace I have felt since birth.

That embrace, as most of us sisters know, doesn't always come in the form of an actual hug, sometimes it's a necessary distance or it's a talk on the phone for 5 hours. But always there and always loving and accepting.

Have a happy birthday Eleni, I love you.
And happy spring to all. xo,A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)