Payback Pear



Tucked in with my Chocolate Lollipop quilt is this more nutritious treat for Gina. It's a long overdue thank you gift for doing such a beautiful job quilting my Bohemian quilt for me. Did I ever tell you guys it got nabbed up in that gallery show I put it in? I thought sure I'd priced it high enough that I would get to keep it. Oh well, I guess money will do for now. I did want the quilt though. Really.



So as a little homage to the one that got away, I sealed some Bohemian on the canvas before I started painting. I love the process of starting a painting where something is already there, instead of a blank canvas. Even when I don't seal a fabric down, I like to paint the canvas one solid or muddled up color before I even know what I'm doing. I usually have a few solid painted canvases sitting around waiting. It's friendlier somehow, not so lonely. Lonely has its place, but friendly is always welcome in this studio.

So Gina, my friend, enjoy and view in good health!

xo,AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)