My little lunchkins



I have had more fun playing with my new fabric ! I totally feel like a meany showing off stuff when you can't get the fabric yet, but it won't be long! Promise peeps! Speaking of peeps - this is such a good palette for Easter stuff, you'll just have to make it ahead for next year, since the fabrics won't be in stores in time this spring. But for now, these are some simple lunch totes I whipped up for Isabela and Eleni.



They were very excited. It also makes that dreaded lunch packing just slightly more fun when you can toss it in here. Today is "daddy day" which means Jeff gets preschool get-ready and drop-off duty. (I love daddy day. I love daddy too, but especially on daddy day, because it allows me to be like this. Not sure he loves it. But anyway.)



I was thinking of making oilcloth bags, which is perfectly suitable for lunch totes, but the girls had already picked out their favorite prints from the line...so hmmm what to do? Well, I investigated a bit, and maybe you all already know, but there is this cool stuff that allows you to iron on vinyl over any smooth surfaced fabric. It's totally easy to sew through and I found it at JoAnns where they sell all the interfacings and fusibles and such. So I just ironed a sheet onto the lining fabric after I cut it out and before I started assembling. Voila! Wipeable inside lining! It's a bit like turning your favorite fabric into oilcloth. And you could vinylize both sides of something. In fact you could fuse two fabrics wrong sides together with fuse stuff then you could vinylize both sides! Then you would have two sided stuff and wouldn't even need a lining. Then you could just cut it probably with pinking shears and not hem it! Ha!

Totally carried away. Do you see what happens? sigh.



So now that they are all happy and cute-y lunch-like, I can check one supermom task off the list for today.

One a day would be good wouldn't it?

xoox,AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yo El Vaquilla (1985)

Saw 3D (2010)

Rambling Rose (1991)